Saturday, September 25, 2010

About Art And

The fence along Prince Alfred Park is looking truly splendiferous! I especially love the dancing girls: extraordianry detail. And across the road I've made my own contribution to the visual scene


And further on toward town, another boring beige construction hoarding has been saved from the ravages of graffiti tags... well, at least for a few days. This one was covered in tags before I started. I've spent the last week painitng the site over three successive nights and overnight there would be additional scrawls across the fresh paint. No respect...



You can probably see that the aim with the Belmore Park site was more architectural in concept. The Chas Clarkson Building above was, by contrast, quite spontaneous. although exhausted when I was done down at Belmore Park, I had quite a bit of paint left in the pot and really felt the site was crying out for attention, especially with such creative work going on across the road along the fence. Well worth a walk!

No comments: