Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Waldron Window


Drove to Canberra on Monday to install the private commission that I've been working on for the past month. Everything went very well and Bob and Diane are extremely happy with their artwork. They had seen my work at the Austrlian Designers and Creators Expo in Old Parliament House in May this year. While I sold very little from the floor at that show it is commissions such as this which make participating in such exhibitions worth all the effort.

Arriving at a design solution which satisfied the desires of the clients turned out to be surprisingly difficult and rather protracted but I feel that they have pushed me toward achieving a brilliant result, one that I am very excited with myself. So here are a couple of details of the window:





You can see in these details that I've added a fair amount of decoration using glass paint fired onto the coloured glass, both black and also a lovely green black, a new paint I've been experimenting with from Reusche. Loving this paint! Have also incorporated a couple of lenses, some rondels, a fasceted jewel and a slice of agate from the clients' mineral collection. Lots of little bits of old etched and decorated glass also.



On another subject entirely and not about me at all, Wayne Pearson has been nominated Artist of the Month on the website Art Alliance for Contemporary Glass. Go check it out!

No comments: